How AcuraWatch Keeps Acura Drivers Safe
The AcuraWatch safety system is a suite of technologies designed to keep you and your passengers safe and ensure that you have the most optimal Acura driving experience possible. In this overview, we’ll take a closer look at some of the key safety enhancements the AcuraWatch system brings to Naperville families, as well as three Acura models that offer this advanced technology. Read on to learn more about this revolutionary platform and how you can get behind the wheel of your very own AcuraWatch-enabled vehicle at Continental Acura of Naperville.
An Overview of the AcuraWatch Safety System
The AcuraWatch safety platform is available as an optional add-on to the Acura RDX, MDX, and ILX. We’ll explore those vehicles in greater depth in the next few sections, but in the meantime let’s take a closer look at how the system is designed to keep you, your passengers, and your possessions safe no matter what might be happening outside.
- Sensing Technologies: Acura vehicles know what’s going on around them. This environmental awareness is a critical component of the AcuraWatch safety suite, and it’s a vital function for any vehicle in this day and age. Sensor technologies such as a rear view camera with guidelines and radar systems provide comprehensive safety that can detect changes in the surrounding environment.
- Adaptive Systems: Technologies like adaptive cruise control, low-speed follow, and collision-mitigating braking systems provide a smart approach to keeping you safe on the road. These features rely on the AcuraWatch platform’s ability to identify issues on the road and use this information to make intelligent decisions that keep you safe on your journey.
- Intelligent Driver Assistance: If not implemented properly, driver assistance features can oftentimes get in the way of the driver and ruin a great automotive experience. The AcuraWatch system’s driver-assistance technologies – particularly, lane keeping assist, rear cross traffic alert, and road departure mitigation – are all designed to provide seamless alerts and protection without getting in your way.
AcuraWatch: Available Standard on All 2017 Acura MDX Models
To provide outstanding safety to all Acura MDX drivers, Acura has implemented its AcuraWatch safety suite on every single trim level and model for the 2017 Acura MDX lineup. You’ll have access to all of the safety technologies described previously, including a rear view camera, adaptive cruise control, and driver assistance. In addition to these technologies, you’ll also benefit from advanced features like:
- Navigation: Get from point A to point B as quickly as possible with the most optimal route with the Acura MDX’s navigation system.
- Remote Engine Start: Easily start the MDX from afar with the remote engine start system.
- Enhanced Connectivity: The entertainment and navigation systems of the MDX are highly-connected to keep you plugged in wherever you go.
AcuraWatch Plus for the 2017 Acura RDX
The Acura RDX is a top-flight crossover SUV that brings versatility, affordability, and performance to Aurora drivers. The AcuraWatch Plus package, available for the 2017 RDX lineup, brings the outstanding technologies in the AcuraWatch safety platform to RDX drivers.
- Color Multi-Information Display: Easily assess your performance with the color multi-information display system.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: In the event of an imminent collision, the CMBS will activate to reduce the potential for injury and damage.
- Excellent Visibility: Jewel LED headlights look great and keep the road ahead well-lit.
AcuraWatch Plus for the 2017 Acura ILX
Wheaton drivers give the Acura ILX two thumbs up when it comes to luxury and value. In addition to the ILX’s incredible capabilities that put it at the top of the list when it comes to the best-rated luxury sedans on the market today, you’ll also have access to the AcuraWatch Plus package. Here are a few key reasons to check out the Acura ILX:
- Keyless Access System: The keyless access system provides upgraded convenience and safety.
- Lane Keeping Assist System: Lane keeping assist technology helps you stay in your lane by providing audible alerts if you begin to depart it.
- Daytime Running Lights: Drive down your insurance premiums and get enhanced safety with LED DRLs.
See AcuraWatch in Action Today at Continental Acura of Naperville
To learn more about the AcuraWatch and to test drive an Acura RDX, MDX, or ILX, visit us today at Continental Acura of Naperville. We’re proud to serve Naperville and the surrounding communities, and we look forward to demonstrating the AcuraWatch safety platform’s capabilities. Click here to get in touch with us today!