New Cars vs. CPO Cars: What’s the Difference?
When comparing a certified pre-owned (CPO) car to a new vehicle, there are several important distinctions to keep in mind outside of the simple price difference. While new vehicles are from the current model year and have no mileage on them, a certified used car will generally be a recent model with very low mileage, but not a current model year. Certified Pre-Owned vehicles also undergo expert inspections and have parts replaced if necessary. Think of a CPO vehicle as a like-new car for a used-car price.
There’s a bit more to consider about new cars vs. CPO cars, though.
Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles: What to Expect
Buying a CPO vehicle over a regular used one means you’ll be getting a better car at a better price. Having already gone through the depreciation of a new car, CPO vehicles offer you the ability to purchase a higher-level trim for a lower price than the same trim of a current model
Other CPO benefits include:
- Choice: Without being restricted to the latest models, CPO inventories offer more choices.
- Incentives: If great benefits are what you’re after, then Acura CPO vehicles are a great choice. Whether you’re in Plainfield or Aurora, you’ll have great features like roadside assistance.
- Longer Warranty: CPO vehicles will grant you extra benefits like extended powertrain warranties and other perks.
With so many benefits to buying certified used cars, there’s also some other things to keep in mind. Each vehicle is unique, and that means everything from the features to mileage on them is different. While these cars undergo a thorough inspection and have parts replaced as needed, they are also more likely to need service and maintenance sooner than a brand-new model.
Pros and Cons of Buying New Vehicles
Since these vehicles have no previous owners, there are fewer potential issues up front. There are also plenty of reasons to recommend a new vehicle over a CPO model:
- Assurance: These vehicles and all their parts are factory fresh, which means you don’t have to worry about maintenance in the near term.
- The Latest Technology: No need to worry whether your vehicle will have the newest technology.
- Personal Choice: Pick and choose the features you want!
New vehicles are more expensive, but you get what you pay for — but they also depreciate much faster than used or CPO models.
Shop for New and Certified Used Vehicles at Continental Acura of Naperville
Buying a car can be intimidating. Whether you’re buying new, used, or CPO, there are a lot of questions. At Continental Acura of Naperville, we have the knowledge and experience to help. Contact us today with any questions, or drop in to check out our inventory!
Why Buy from Continental Acura of Naperville?
Our customers don’t just come to us for our extensive inventory. Just a few of the other reasons to choose us include:
- Multi-Terrain Test Track: Experience your Acura in a diverse array of conditions and terrains before you buy.
- VIP Loyalty Rewards: With every dollar you spend or referral you make, you’ll earn points toward future purchases.
- Community Awards: Continental Motors has been named “Best Auto Dealer” 8-years in a row in Naperville Magazine’s “Best Of” Awards.*
More From Continental Acura of Naperville
The 2020 Acura TLX is raising the bar on performance and luxury. Continue reading to find out more about this popular midsize sedan. This Is the 2020 Acura TLX Design The TLX has all the icons of luxury and design. Choose a premium paint finish in colors such as Canyon Breeze Metallic, Apex Blue Pearl,…
The new Acura MDX puts you first. Personalized power with 3 different platforms of driving, and preset preferences with Two-Person Seat Memory, the MDX knows what you want from your ride and is able to deliver on those desires. The MDX can even use voice recognition to get you to your destination, so that…
Looking for a stylish sedan but don’t know what the best option on the market is? An important step in the car purchasing or leasing process is comparison shopping. To help with this step, explore our comparison of two popular cars: the Acura ILX and the Honda Accord. How the 2019 Acura ILX Stacks Up…