2018 Acura TLX vs. 2018 Infiniti Q50,
More About the TLX Apply for Financing View Offers
As two prime models in the increasingly competitive luxury performance sedan segment, the 2018 Acura TLX and 2018 Infiniti Q50 are battling for hearts and minds around Plainfield and Aurora. It’s a competition that pits first-class features and sophisticated powertrains against their counterparts — and while you might not be disappointed by either vehicle, the Acura TLX certainly distinguishes itself.
Investing in a luxury vehicle should mean receiving the most coveted comfort and convenience features as standard, but only the 2018 Acura TLX seems to fulfil that promise. Unlike the more miserly 2018 Infiniti Q50, it’s happy to provide the following indulgent features as standard across all trims:
- Power Moonroof – Enjoy fresh air during your drive with the touch of a button.
- Front Heated Seats – Even during winter in Illinois, you can be comfortable.
- Driver’s Memory Seat – Figure out your ideal posture, then move your seat to your preferred position with a single touch of a button.
- Universal Garage Door Opener – You don’t need any add-on s or accessories to gain remote access to your garage with the new TLX.
Interior Space and Comfort
It can be tempting for manufacturers designing their luxury performance sedans to neglect practical characteristics in favor of sporty styling. The 2018 Infiniti Q50 is a prime example, with only a scant 13.2 cubic feet of cargo space compared to 14.3 cubic feet in the trunk of the Acura.The Infiniti also misses out on several of the features of the new TLX
. It doesn’t come standard with a 10-way power driver’s seat with power lumbar support, for example, and in no Q50 trim level will you encounter Acura’s GPS-linked automatic climate control system, which is able to automatically adjust interior climate controls based on exterior temperature readings.
The Infiniti Q50 doesn’t exactly cut corners when it comes to safety, with plenty of available driver-assistance technology enhancing your awareness, warning you of danger, and acting independently to keep you from harm.
The difference is that the Infiniti charges more for technology the 2018 Acura TLX is willing to provide as standard, including:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – This system can alert the driver or even initiate braking if it determines that the TLX is in danger of colliding with another vehicle.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Allow you to set a desired speed as well as a preferred distance from the vehicle ahead.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – Uses a front-facing camera to help keep the TLX centered in its lane on the highway.
- Road Departure Mitigation System – Alerts the driver if it determines that the TLX is in danger of leaving the road, and can selectively apply braking and corrective steering.
Accolades for the 2018 Acura TLX
- 5-Star Overall Safety Rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.*
The Acura TLX Stands Apart From the Infiniti Q50
The 2018 Acura TLX delivers standard and available features beyond what’s offered by the 2018 Infiniti Q50, and drivers from around Plainfield and Aurora can experience it at Continental Acura of Naperville. Contact us today to find out more, or apply for financing online.
Why Shop at Continental Acura of Naperville?
- VIP Loyalty Rewards
- 110% Price Guarantee
- Involved in the community for over 50 years
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov.