2018 Acura RDX vs. 2017 Lexus RX 350
More About the RDX Apply for Financing View Offers
Few vehicles will establish such a natural and inevitable rivalry as the 2018 Acura RDX and the 2017 Lexus RX 350. If a luxury crossover is what you’re seeking, it almost defies belief that these two segment-leaders won’t be on the shortlist of every driver between Plainfield and Aurora. Now you just need to move from final the few to the frontrunner, so we’ve put together a quick comparison to make the decision easy.
You’d imagine an Acura crossover and a Lexus crossover to be similarly equipped in their standard trims, but it turns out that the Lexus RX 350 consistently reserves its most impressive features for upper-level trims.Here are just a few features that come standard with the Acura but not with the Lexus:
- Power Moonroof: Open your ride up to the sky above to feel the wind through your hair and the sun on your shoulders.
- 10-Way Power Driver’s Seat: Adjust your seat through 10 separate planes of motion at the touch of a button to achieve exceptional support.
- Heated Front Seats: When the weather across Naperville, Plainfield, and Aurora turns chilly, the Acura RDX keeps you warm.
Several available packages take the excellent foundation of the standard 2018 Acura RDX and add top-of-the-line features you just won’t find in the 2017 Lexus RX 350.Standout examples include:
- Multi-View Rear Camera with Dynamic Guidelines: The standard rearview camera lets you cycle between three viewing modes (Normal, Top-Down, and Wide). The upgrade adds dynamic guidelines to make reversing feel even easier.
- GPS-Linked Climate Control: GPS technology monitors the sun’s intensity relative to your RDX, then adjusts interior climate settings to maintain a stable temperature.
The new RDX
is a sporty crossover SUV that delivers an exhilarating drive, but it never lets practicality fall by the wayside. Just look at how its interior space compares to that of the 2017 Lexus RX 350:
- Standard Cargo Space: Up to 26.1 cubic feet in the Acura vs. just 18.4 cubic feet in the Lexus.
- Extended Cargo Space: Up to 61.3 cubic feet in the Acura vs. just 56.3 cubic feet in the Lexus.
The passenger space in the Acura RDX is similarly impressive — forward-thinking engineering has eliminated the hump that traditionally runs along the center of the rear row, making that fifth seat feel genuinely comfortable.
Accolades for the 2018 Acura RDX
- 5-Star Overall Safety Rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.*
The 2018 Acura RDX Outclasses the 2017 Lexus RX 350
The 2017 Lexus RX 350 is a capable-enough luxury crossover, but it still fails to seriously challenge the 2018 Acura RDX. Contact us today to find out more, or feel free to apply for financing using our secure online form.
Why Shop at Continental Acura of Naperville?
- 110% Price Guarantee
- Involved in the community for over 50 years
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov.