Acura P-AWS vs. SH-AWD
Look at the latest Acura models and you might start wondering about the difference between Acura Precision All-Wheel Steer (P-AWS) and Acura Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD). They’re both designed for exceptional performance, but how do you choose between Acura P-AWS vs. SH-AWD? We’ve laid out the advantages of each to help you decide.
How Does Acura P-AWS Work?
P-AWS represents an industry-first. It’s the first all-wheel-steer system that lets the rear wheels adjust toe angles independently according to speed.
That might not sound too revolutionary, but you’ll immediately notice the difference. Here’s what P-AWS gives you:
- Provides tighter maneuvering through confined areas.
- Smooths out lane changes at all speeds.
- Assists in braking for smoother stopping power.
Whether you’re changing to the fast lane between Aurora and Plainfield or slipping through Lisle traffic, P-AWS makes your drive than much sharper. It even provides increased traction and agility across ice, snow, hail, and other adverse weather conditions.
How Does Acura SH-AWD Work?
Informed drivers appreciate the added athleticism afforded by All-Wheel Drive (AWD). Acura Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) doubles down on that heightened performance.
Designed to achieve enhanced dry-road handling without sacrificing all-weather peace of mind, SH-AWD continuously directs engine power to match weight distribution, traction, and other conditions for optimal distribution between the front and rear wheels. As a result, it offers:
- Improved fuel efficiency when 90% of power is sent to the front wheels during straight-line cruising.
- Swift acceleration by sending 45% of power to the rear wheels for added rear-wheel traction.
- Tighter cornering by applying 70% of effective torque to the rear outside wheel.
Experience the Difference Between P-AWS and SH-AWD in Person
Reading about Acura P-AWS vs. SH-AWD provides a picture of how they work, but nothing compares to finding out firsthand. Contact us today to arrange a test drive, or feel free to apply for financing online.
Why Buy from Continental Acura of Naperville?
Just as Acura continues to enhance your driving experience, we seek to make everything from a test drive to routine service feel better. A few of the reasons to choose Continental Acura of Naperville include:
- Named “Best Auto Dealer” 8 years in a row by Naperville Magazine.*
- Exceptional online reviews at milesandmilesofsmiles.com.
- Achieve the Level of Platinum in Acura’s Client Experience Assessment.
Disclaimer: *Best of Naperville Magazine